Hello, and welcome to my website! My name is Lily Cardasis, and I'm a therapist with a counseling practice in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm passionate about working with people to offer support and guidance through life's ups and downs, and I bring experience, awareness, and open-mindedness to this pursuit. Please read on to learn more about who I am and how I practice; if you feel we might make a good working team I warmly invite you to get in touch!
My style of counseling emphasizes:
- Working with individuals, children, families, couples, and/or communities to negotiate challenges in relationship
- Drawing on clients' cultural resources and supports with a focus on Liberation Psychology
- Helping clients break free from repetition and stuckness, while examining where our repeating patterns began--oftentimes generations before us
- A value of social justice and examination of the effects of systemic oppression on clients and their communities
- A belief in challenging the dominant paradigm of the stoic therapist by creating an atmosphere of openness, compassion, humor, and genuine mutual relationship
I believe that with increased self and systemic awareness we gain the incredible gift of choosing a happier and freer future for ourselves and all those around us; loved ones, birth and chosen families, colleagues, community members, acquaintances, and even society at large all benefit from the personal work we do.